- Short-Term Parking: (30 days or less) available for passenger type vehicles (no RVs) about 2 blocks from terminal off of E St right around the corner from the terminal and behind the air museum. Contact the Pax Reps for additional details on weekends or upon arrival. (As of June 19)
Long-Term Parking:(more than 30 days) available approx 2 miles (30-40 minute hike) from the terminal. They only have spots for large vehicles under 27 feet long. There is a weekly fee for use - see the AMCGRAM for details or contact Outdoor Recreation (Mon - Fri) at 707-424-0969 or 707-424-5240 for details.
- Online Flight Schedules: See Passenger Terminal Page
- Terminal Hours: 0400-2200 (changed from 24 hours in Sep 12)
- Terminal Dining: Pacific Gateway Grill, 0730-1530 M-F, closed on weekends.
- Lockers: None
- Internet/WiFi: WiFi in Terminal and computers at library
- USO: Building 480 behind lodging: 0900-2100 Daily (Call (650) 821-7615 to verify hours
- Base Dining Facility:
- Note: Family room (for day use ONLY) in the terminal may close as early as 2200; make arrangements for overnight lodging.
Avis/Budget is right next to the Main gate/Visitor's center on Parker Road right next to Airbase Pkwy (See Map)
- As of Sep 12: Multiple Flights Per Week: Hickam AFB, Hawaii Elmendorf AFB, Alaska Charleston AFB, South Carolina Andrews AFB, Virginia Anderson AFB, Guam Yokota AFB, Japan Kadena AFB, Okinawa North Island NAS, California March JARB, California
- Weekly Flights McGuire AFB, New Jersey McChord AFB, Washington Dover AFB, Delaware Norfolk NAS, Virginia Osan AFB, South Korea Scott AFB, Illinois
- Monthly Flights Eielson AFB, Alaska Martinsburg ANG, West Virginia Memphis ANG, Tennessee Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio Stewart ANG, New York Kelly Field Annex, Texas Westover ARG, Massachusetts
- On-Base Shuttle: Duty Pax only (as of Mar 14) but commercial shuttles are avialable (see AMCGRAM).
- Rental Car (In Terminal): None in terminal. Enterprise at the BX mini-mall (707) 437-7300 and maintains a drop box at the terminal. They will shuttle passengers to the BX mini-mall when contacted.
- Rental Car (Off Base): Avis/Budget is right next to the Main gate/Visitor's center on Parker Road right next to Airbase Pkwy (See Map)
- Taxi/Shuttle: In addition to the companies listed on the AMCGRAM, Stan's Shuttle, (707) 761-4430, services the San Francisco and Sacramento Airports.
- Local Bus: See the "How do I? section below
- Local Rail: AMTRAK, Fairfield
- How do I travel between Travis AFB and the local area using ground transportation? (Current as of Jul 15)
- Note 1: The following is based on information from the transit websites combined with inputs from several travelers' first-hand experience. Contact the respective transit organizations for current fares and to clarify any contradictory information. FAST routes do not run on Sundays or certain holidays (check with FAST to verify).
- 1. From Oakland Airport take the AirBART Shuttle (runs daily) to the Coliseum/Oakland Airport BART Station. Fares can be paid on-board bus with exact change only. Check the BART Web Site for schedule, fares and connecting bus service or call (510) 465-BART.
- 2. Take BART to El Cerrito del Norte Station. Travel time is approx 30 minutes.
- 3. Option 1 (Mon-Fri ONLY): Take the FAST Route 90 bus (this is the Mon to Fri part) from the El Cerrito del Norte BART Station to the FAST Transportation Center (FTC). From the FAST Transportation Center, take the FAST Route 8 bus to Huntington/Walters (approx 25 minutes). From Huntington/Walters take the Travis AFB Shuttle to the Pax Terminal (approx 20 minutes); Travis Inn, BX and hospital are along the route.
- An alternative route exists from the Pleasant Hill Bart Station using FAST Route 40 to the FTC (Fairfield).
- An alternative from the FTC (Fairfield) is to take FAST Route 7 or FAST Route 3A to the Westfield (Solano) Mall and then the FAST Route 2 (approx 20 minutes) to Huntington/Walters and then take the Travis AFB Shuttle as in Option 1 above. If you use Route 7 make sure you take it in the correct direction (schedule shows it goes both ways) or else it will take nearly an hour to get from FTC to Westfield (Solano) Mall.
- 4. Option 2: Take the Solano County Transit SolTrans Route 80 Weekday or Weekend/Holiday bus from the El Cerrito del Norte BART Station to York and Marin. Transfer to the SolTrans Route 85 bus (runs daily) and take it to the Westfield (Solano) Mall. From the Westfield (Solano) Mall, take the FAST Route 2 to Huntington/Walters and the Travis AFB Shuttle as in Option 1 above.
- Fairfield and Suisun Transit (FAST) Web Site - (707) 422-2877 (BUSS)
- SolTrans Web Site - (707) 648-4666
- Note 2: Previous routes for the FAST Route 2 continued on to Travis AFB Pax terminal but the published schedules for this bus now refer to the "Travis AFB Shuttle" (some drivers may still refer to this as the #2). The swap to the Travis AFB Shuttle occurs at the Huntington/Walters stop.
- How do I travel between Travis AFB and the nearest Amtrak station? (Current as of Aug 15)
- Suisun City Amtrak Station is the closest train station to Travis AFB. For approx $2 and one transfer at the Westfield (Solano) Mall, you can ride the FAST Route 5 bus between the Suisun City Amtrak station and the Westfield (Solano) Mall, then use the info/directions posted earlier in this section to get to Travis AFB. The taxi fare between the Suisun Amtrak station and Travis will be around $40 (2008 dollars)
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com