Space-A Policy Regulations and Policy Info
- DOD Instruction 4500.57, Transportation and Traffic Management
- DoD's Air Transportation Eligibility (DoDI 4515.13) - Updated in 2016; Section 4 focuses on Space-A travel.
- Air Transportation Operations (AFI 24-605 Volume 2)- USAF's implementation of the above DoD reg that includes Space-A information (includes "Baggage Allowance" rules)
- Coast Guard Operations Manual - (CIM_3710_1F, Chapter 6, Section B, B1 thru B6) covers Space-A travel
- DODI 1327.06 : DoD reg the governs EML.
- EML Reg (PACOM): Pacific Command EML Program Document - contains a list of authorized locations
- EML Form (PACOM): USPACOM FORM 505/3 EF (07-10).
- EML Reg (EUCOM): European Command EML Program Document contains a list of authorized locations
- EML Form (EUCOM): EU FORM 1501.01.
- Policy Memo for 2003 CONUS Dependent Travel Test
- Policy Memo permanently authorizing CONUS Dependent Travel
- Policy Memo authorizing Unaccompanied Dependent CAT-III Travel (Sponsor Deployed 365 Consecutive Days or more)
- Policy Memo authorizing Unaccompanied Dependent CAT-IV Travel (Sponsor Deployed 120 to 364 Consecutive Days) - superseded by the 30-day memo (June 2015)
- Policy Memo authorizing Unaccompanied Dependent CAT-IV Travel (Sponsor Deployed 30 to 364 Consecutive Days)
Space-A Forms/Sample Letters/Documents
NOTE: Download software to read/use the Air Force Forms. I've also added a PDF version that you can use to view the forms without downloading/installing the Air Force software.
- AMC Form 140 - Fillable PDF Version. Email, fax or mail to each location where you want to signup
- AMC Form 140 - pdf version
- AMC's Signup Form (Fillable) - you can use thei in lieu of the AMCFORM 140
- AMC Form 148 - What your boarding pass will look like
- DD Form 1853 (PDF Version)] - Form need for Reserve/Guard travel (including contracted ROTC cadets)
- DD Form 2131 - (a flight manifest form) used by aircrews - handy to have with you if attempting travel from a commercial airport
- Sample Letter for Unaccompanied Command Sponsored Dependents - Needed by dependents stationed OCONUS for Cat-V travel
- Sample Letter for Unaccompanied Non-Command Sponsored Dependents - Needed by dependents who are non-command sponsored for Cat-V travel to/from their sponsor's OCONUS duty station
- Sample Dependent Verification Letter (Dependents of Deployed Military Member)- Letter needed for "upgraded" Cat-III or CAT-IV travel by unaccompanied dependents whose sponsor is deployed for 30 CONSECUTIVE days or more. Sponsor deployed 30-364 days is CAT-IV and sponsor deployed 365 days or more is CAT-III.
- Sample Letter for Government Civilian Emergency Leave
- Space-A Signup Template - Cut-and-paste this into an email to signup/register for Space-A Travel