Passenger Service Desk:
- Billeting: 49-6565-956500 (Bldg 520) is approx 2.5 miles from the terminal (approx 17 minutes by base shuttle and approx 10 euros (as of: Jun 14) via taxi. The "Club" is next door to billeting and there's a Popeye's Chicken across the road at the gas station. There is WiFi connectivity in the lobby of Bldg 520, in the conference room, and the business center (if you have a room key.) Internet connectivity is available in the rooms via Ethernet cable. If you don't have a cable, the front desk may be able to provide one for your use. There is a fax and printer in the business center room
- Off-Base Lodging: See AMCGRAM or the Lodging Fact Sheet
49° 59' 27.5316" N, 6° 42' 2.5344" E
- Long-Term Parking is available in the terminal's longterm parking area ( located down the hill from the passenger terminal - directions will be available at the terminal). You will recieve a long-term parking pass (place in your windshield) good for up to 30 days after being selected for your flight. For durations over 30 days you need to use the Security Forces (Ph: 06565-61-7843, Bldg 127, Rm 214) long term lot, which is located on the other side of the base. Yuor vehicle must have current registration and it must remain current for as long as you leave your vehicle in their lot. (As of: Nov 2014)
- Terminal Web Page
The AMC passenger terminal is about 2.5 miles from the main lodging (Building 520)
- Terminal Hours: See AMCGRAM
- Terminal Dining: Small snack bar with a nice sandwich menu (they also make up the box lunches for the flights). Reasonably priced.
- Lockers: No
- Internet/WiFi: WiFi
- USO: No
- Base Dining Facility: Retirees allowed (as of Mar 09). The dining facility is located between the shuttle stop for the theater and the chapel (it is right next to the base library) it is hard to find on the base map(s) provided.
49° 58' 20.5212" N, 6° 42' 2.88" E
Enterprise car rental is a stand alone building connected to the car sales near the new BX. Call Enterprise ahead to confirm a car or you may have to go to Bitburg for a car, and that would either be a train ride from Speicher or a long expensive taxi ride.
49° 59' 11.5368" N, 6° 41' 54.6936" E
Rental Car (Base Exchange)
Billet Phone Number:
Add Extra Info:
- CONUS via large cargo aircraft to McGuire AFB, NJ; Dover AFB, DE; Charleston AFB, SC; and McChord AFB, WA (as of Jan 15).
- On-Base Shuttle: No longer available (as of August 2013)
- Off-Base Shuttle: DSN 452-7684 or Comm 06565-61-7684. Known as "Lodging Shuttle" or "Services Shuttle" (run by Services Squadron). See "Local Expert Advice" (below) and Services Shuttle Flyer and Reservation Form for more info (Single trip cost still $40 ($75 Family) as of Feb 14)
- Rental Car (In Terminal): Hertz office closed the end of Nov 09. Enterprise doesn't rent to retirees (and possibly non-Europe AD on leave as well).
- Rental Car (Off Base): Europcar in Bitburg +49 (06561) 946445 (call for address and opening hours); The Spangdahlem Shuttle Bus to the front gate of the Bitburg Housing area is no longer operating (Spring 2012) so a taxi (about 30 Euro) may be needed between Spangdahlem and the Bitburg Euro Car office.
- Taxi/Shuttle: See AMCGRAM for info. As of June 2012, Faber Taxi (06565-95-1010) is the only taxi in the Spangdahlem area that can get on base. Taxi fare from Lodging (Bldg 520) to the terminal is about 10 euros per trip (As of Jan 14)
- Local Bus:
- Local Rail: See "How Do I?" section below
- Off-Base Shuttle: Services (Lodging) Shuttle. The cost for a single person is $40 (as of Feb 14) to Ramstein, Hahn, or Luxemburg Airport. Two or more in the same family is only $75. It is $75 to Frankfurt Airport or Dusseldorf Airport for a single. It is $150 for 2 or more in the same family. For a family of 4 getting off a plane and wanting to get to Ramstein, that is quite cheap. For the solo spat, it is reasonable. The printed information suggests you need 24 hour notice with 72 hour notice prior to a Sunday, Monday, or holiday reservation but, depending on resources, they may be more user friendly than the printed info implies. There are no fixed routes and times and they usually make about 4 runs a day anyway and there is a good chance that you can just jump on one of those. They said there are several runs to places at about 5am to catch planes. You go where you want and when you want. The ride to Hahn was 45 minutes and was just in time for my flight.
- Spangdahlem has no simple exit transportation. The train is about a 25 Euro taxi (see Ground Transportation section above) ride away and then a 25-30 Euro ticket to Ramstein. There are local buses but the stops are outside the 'old' front gate and the timing is difficult to discover.
- How do I travel between Spangdahlem AB and the local area using ground transportation? (Current as of Jun 08)
- You can use the shuttle (see Local Expert Advice above) run by Spang Services to travel to Hahn, Ramstein, Luxembourg (airport only), and Frankfurt Intl. Rates for Hahn, RMS and Lux: 1 way per person $40, Round trip 1 person $75. 1 way 2 or more $75, round trip 2 or more $125. Rates to Frank Intl are: 1 way pp $75, RT 1 per $125, 1 way 2 or more $150, RT 2 or more $225. The gentleman at their office, which is located in the AF Inn (Bldg 520) said they drop you off at the terminal at Ramstein but will take you to lodging at Ramstein at your request.
- Kids charged at full rates and pets at $15 a pop in approved kennels.
- MAXIMUM of 2 pieces of luggage p/p plus 1 carry on.
- Reservations/Details call Mon-Fri 1000-1600 DSN 452/Comm. 06565617684 E-mail: 52svs.svml-02@Spangdahlem.af.mil
- How do I travel between Spangdahlem AB and a local train station? (As of: Mar 09)
- Speicher is the closest rail access to Spangdahlem AB. From Building 520 (billeting) to the Speicher train station a taxi with 3 people cost 21.30 € and takes about 15 minutes (billeting front desk has taxi phone numbers).
- The Speicher Bahnhof(station) is small and usually has no station attendant but there is an auto-ticket machine. If the machine isn't working then you may be able to purchase tickets on the train from the "controller" (conductor who resides in the front of the train).
- To get to Ramstein AB via train you'll have to go through and change trains at the station at Trier (which is about a 65€ taxi ride from Spangdahlem). Trier is a larger station with full services including a really neat snack bar.
- If there are two or more traveling consider the German Rail's (Deutsche Bahn) regional "Länder-Ticket" (valid from 0900 one day to 0300 the next) which is a "state" or regional rail ticket for a group of up to 5 persons.
- To travel to Ramstein you'll change trains in Trier and Saarbucken and the trip takes about 3 1/2 hours (compared with about an hour and fifteen minutes by the Spangdahlem off-base shuttle (for $75).
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com
Terminal Web Page:
IATA (With URL):