- Online Flight Schedules: See Terminal Facebook Page
- Passenger Terminal Web Page
- Color Base Map
- "What do I Need to Fly AMC?" Flyer
- Terminal Hours: See AMCGRAM
- Terminal Dining: Subway
- Rental Car Key Return Drop Box: SIXT, Hertz, Enterprise (verify with respective company as info subject to change); Hertz drop box on wall next to Check-in scale #1.
- Lockers: None
- Internet/WiFi: Yes
- USO: Yes
- ATM: Yes in terminal (Euros and Dollars) and also across the street in the KMCC (Exchange/Billeting Complex)
- Base Dining Facility:
- Inbound PCS Info: Contact the Ramstein Gateway Reception Center at +49-162-270-9986 or +49-152-0907-3138
- FREE Long-Term Parking is available in the parking deck in designated spaces (4th floor is recommended by the Pax Terminal Reps) adjacent to the terminal. No Parking Pass required - just ensure vehicle is registered and insured. (As of November 2015)
- On/Off-Base Shuttle: Base Shuttle Schedule (current as of Dec 10 but see prior and following NOTES). NOTE: As of April 2011 the departure times from KMCC for the shuttle to Kleber and Landstuhl are modified as follows:
- MONDAY/THURSDAY/SATURDAY: 0745; 0900; 1100; 1300; 1500; 1700; 1840; 1935; 2035; 2135.
- TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY/FRIDAY/SUNDAY: 0745; 0900; 1100; 1300; 1500; 1700; 1800; 1900; 2000; 2100.
- Call shuttle operations at DSN 486-5504 (Mon - Fri), or 486-5564 after hours for current schedules.
- Also, here's a bus/shuttle schedule picked up from the Ramstein USO in Jul 09.
- Rental Car (On-Base):
- None "In Terminal" but there are several in the KMCC (Exchange Complex) across the street from the terminal. NOTE: Due to Status of Forces (SOFA) rules, Retirees and AD on leave (not stationed in Europe/Africa) cannot rent from the rental car agencies in the KMCC.
- AMCR (a popular choice for Space-A Travelers for a long time) closed their business in 2013.
- Hertz in Bldg 305 can provide cars on-base to non-SOFA personnel (e.g. Retirees and AD on leave from CONUS) and they also provide cars for Thrifty and Dollar reservations that are made online at the respective rental car web sites. Hertz contact info: +49-6371-44202, firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 0830-1730, Sa 0830-1400, Su Closed. (as of Feb 15)
- See a picture of the Key Drop Options to the right side of the Check-in/Baggage scales.
- Rental Car (Off Base): See AMCGRAM for list
- Taxi/Shuttle: See AMCGRAM for info and here. The free duty shuttle from the Pax Terminal to Frankfurt International Airport ended 1 April 2013. There is a paid shuttle service for 35 euros per person (2011 prices) from Frankfurt International Airport (contact the Frankfurt USO for details). If you plan to fly via Ryanair then you will need to use commercial transportation (bus,train,taxi,shuttle) to Frankfurt Hahn Airport and NOT Frankfurt International Airport! Verify all times prior to travel.
- Approximate Taxi fares to/from train stations (as of 2015) Landstuhl: 10 Euros Kaiserslautern: 30 Euros
- Local Bus: Route 143 passes through Ramstein AB several times each weekday. You can check the schedule online (scroll down to "Saar-Pfalz-Bus 143" and click on ""Buchseiten anzeigen" to access (open or save) a pdf version of the schedule. Also, see the VRN Personal Planner Link.
- Local Rail: Ramstein train station is technically the "nearest" but with less options than at Landstuhl Station. a local bus (see "Local Bus" above) travels between Ramstein AB and Landstuhl train station - a taxi may be more convenient if the bus times don't match up with your schedule. Hourly trains from between Kaiserslautern and Landstuhl.
- Note: If traveling with several others consider obtaining a DB 24 hr regional ticket Laender Ticket. It covers trains, buses, trams in RP-Saarland region for 5 persons traveling together and IF PURCHASED ON A SATURDAY is good until 0300 Mon. Another option from Ramstein is the Regional VRN 24 Ticket - (for groups up to 5) Good for travel in/around Ramstein on Rhine-Neckar Public Transportation
- A Medevac Shuttle departs Landstuhl (near Ramstein) for Vicenza, Italy Tuesdays and Fridays at 0900.The bus departs from Landsthul Army Medical Center Emergency Room entrance. The bus will only stop at Ramstein Inn and Vogelweh Inn at customer request. The POC at Landsthul to schedule a pick up is DSN 637-7804. Pick up must be coordinated the day before between 0900-1630; they need to know which location needs a pick up and how many passengers are expected.
Arrive 10 minutes prior to departure time and make sure you have your military ID.
- The bus ride is on a chartered bus with toilet, takes 12 hours and makes 3-4 short stops (approx every 2 hours) at motorway rest stops and rest areas (no, you can't get off here and you wouldn't want to either). The return info from Vicenza can be found on Spacea.net's Aviano AB Page.
1. How do I travel between Ramstein AB and Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (for Ryanair Flights)?(Current as of Mar 2010)
- NOTE: The Airport Service from the Shell Autohof near Ramstein to Frankfurt-Hahn terminated at the end of February 2010!!!!!
- One way is to get the train from Landstuhl to Mainz and then connect with bus Route #600 to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport. here for the DB-Bahn Web Site Routing - just change the date and time you want to travel. Also, see the following link other options to travel to/from Hahn. In addition, Bohr Bus runs a shuttle between Frankfurt (City and Intl Airport) and Frankfurt-Hahn Airport.
- An alternative is to use the Laender Ticker mentioned above (under Local Rail) and the following Routes:
- Kaiserslautern to Idar-Oberstein Bahnhof by train (1.5 - 2 hours).
- Idar-Oberstein Bahnhof to Hahn by Bus #351 (50 minutes, 6.40 Euro as of Mar 2010) or (if you want to stop in Trier) Kaiserslautern to Trier by train (2 hours)Trier to Bullay by train (50 minutes) Bullay to Hahn by Bus (45 minutes) OR Trier to Hahn by Flibco Bus (12 euros, 40 minutes as of Mar 2010)
2. How do I Travel between Ramstein AB and Ramstein Train Station (Hauptbahnhof)?
- Taxi or commercial Shuttle
- Take Bus Route 143 (See schedule link under the Ground Transportation Section) from Ramstein AB to Ramstein Train Station
3. How do I Travel between Ramstein AB and Landstuhl Train Station (Hauptbahnhof)?
- Taxi or commercial Shuttle
- Take Bus Route 143 (See schedule link under the Ground Transportation Section) in the direction of Kaiserslautern and get off at Landstuhl, Hauptbahnhof
4. How do I Travel between Ramstein AB and Kaiserslautern Train Station (Hauptbahnhof)?
- Taxi or commercial Shuttle
- Take Bus Route 143 (See schedule link under the Ground Transportation Section) in the direction of Kaiserslautern and transfer at Kaiserslautern, Pfaffplatz to Bus Route 133 in the Direction of Kaiserslautern, Hauptbahnhof
- Alternatively, take Bus Route 143 (See schedule link under the Ground Transportation Section) in the direction of Kaiserslautern and get off at Landstuhl, Hauptbahnhof. Then take Train to Kaiserslautern Hauptbahnhof