Passenger Service Desk:
- Billeting: 011-30-28210-21601 or 011-30-28210-21632 . The lodging office is in the courtyard of Building 49. Exit terminal, walk to the right, 6th building on the right, about 300 yards from passenger terminal. Billeting rooms are easy walking distance from main office.
- Off-Base Lodging: See AMCGRAM
- Off Base Lodging (Previously recommended by travelers): Sissy Village Hotel, Royal Sun Hotel (Chania)
Need Base Pass (See details under "Local Expert Advice").
- Online Flight Schedules: See Passenger Terminal Facebook Page
- AMCGRAM and Base Map Terminal Hours: See AMCGRAM
- Terminal Dining: None
- Lockers: None
- Internet/WiFi: In the terminal “special category” lounge. Also available in common room (lounge) in BQ’s (located in Building 8 on 3rd floor) and at Perk's (library).
- USO: No
- Base Dining Facility: Located between passenger terminal and billeting (Cat VI’s are welcome at all meals).
35° 32' 8.502" N, 24° 9' 17.4816" E
35° 31' 52.2084" N, 24° 9' 51.3144" E
MVRO (To obtain Base Access Number)
Billet Phone Number:
Add Extra Info:
- Europe via large/small aircraft and CONUS via large cargo aircraft.
- Rental Car (In Terminal/On Base): SPA Tours & Travel (across the street from billeting office), DSN 266-1291/1524
- Rental Car (Off Base): See the "How Do I?" section below
- Taxi/Shuttle: See AMCGRAM for info.
- Local Bus: None
- Local Rail: None
- Base Exit/Entry Procedure (As of: April 16): You will need an access number to enter NSA Souda Bay. After hours, this number is obtained from a security representative after he/she has given you the local security brief in the terminal. This number has an expiration date so when you get the number verify the expiration date. The Souda Bay passenger reps may or may not tell you about the requirement for an access number so obtain security brief and access number before you leave the terminal. If you have to go back and get the brief and number it will be inconvenient for all concerned.
- If you arrive in Crete via transportation other than a Space-A flight or arrive in Souda during M-F (8-3) then you can obtain the access number at the MVRO (Motor Vehicle Registration Office); it's the small white building just to your right as you enter the parking lot outside the Greek Gate. They will set up with appropriate security briefing and an access number. If you arrive when the MVRO is closed, go and speak to the guard at the Greek Gate and he will call base security. Someone will come, brief you, verify your ID, and provide you with a temporary access number until MVRO opens.
- Electricity: Local electrical outlets: Greece has it’s own connectors. There are a couple of US style outlets in BQ room and BQ common rooms. Adapters are available at NEX Caution: your laptop power supply may not fit into the adapter.
- Telephones: Local (off-base) land-line phone calls are not available from BQ rooms. The agent at the main billeting office has a cell phone available for local calls and DSN calls. If you use a calling card to make a local call from billeting room, beware: you may get charged for the call going to CONUS and back to local.
- Misc: Retiree’s can purchase items at the Navy Exchange.
- How do I rent a car at Souda Bay? (Current as of Apr 16)
- On-base (Spa Tours) or use Stelios Tzamariadakis’s "Horafakia" in a small village of that same name nearby the NSA. Simply give him a call on his cell when you land and he will meet you at the front gate with the car (10 minute walk). I have used Stelios personally.
- Office: 28210 39411 Cell: 6974427795
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com or use the Contact Form from the menu.
Terminal Web Page:
IATA (With URL):