Passenger Service Desk:
Phone or In-person
- NOTE: Oceana requires 72-hour advance notice for Space-A Signup. You choose a flight you want and call them with the names and DoB of all passengers. Active Duty don't have to be "on leave" to signup but must be on leave the day of travel.
- Online Flight Schedules: Not available at this time
- No AMCGRAM
- Terminal Hours: Not 24 hrs
- Terminal Dining: No food in pax terminal. Box lunches are not offered to SPATs.
- Lockers: None
- USO: No
- Base Dining Facility:
36° 49' 5.088" N, 76° 1' 39.5976" W
- Billeting: 1-877-NAVYBED (628-9233) (Bldg 460 approx 1.1 miles from the Pax Terminal). You can leave your vehicle at Gateway Inn if you spend the nite there before you leave) as of April 2014). Give the front desk info on your car and the will tell you where to park. It is about 1/2 mile walk to terminal.
- Alt Lodging: Dam Neck Annex, Oceanfront: (757) 492-6606 DSN 492-6606
- Off-Base Lodging:
36° 48' 32.4612" N, 76° 1' 45.6384" W
- As of August 2016, long term parking is no longer available at the Auto Hobby shop.
- The Gateway Inn has allowed parking in the past if you spend the nite there before you leave. Give the front desk info on your car and the will tell you where to park. It is about 1/2 mile walk to terminal. NOTE: As of August 2016, there is NO LONGTERM PARKING at the Gateway Inn due to on-going construction/renovation at the
which is scehduled to finish up in 2017. Parking policy will be reevaluated at that time so check with the Gateway Inn Staff for status (please email me at email@example.com if you hear of any change)
- NAS Oceana is southeast of Norfolk, Virginia. Terminal is Bldg 100 approx 1.5 miles from Main Gate (Oceana and Tomcat).
36° 48' 12.3984" N, 76° 0' 49.9716" W
Billet Phone Number:
No Fax Signup
Add Extra Info:
- CONUS e.g. Jacksonville. They have an updated weekly schedule on Sunday (as of Feb 14)
- On-Base Shuttle: None
- Rental Car (In Terminal): Enterprise Rental Car (757)-422-0146, is on the base at the Navy Exchange Gas Station on E Avenue. They have a drop box in the terminal and the staff will tell you where it is.
- Rental Car (Off Base): Hertz HLE 3205 Virginia Beach Blvd (Phone: +1-757-463-4560, Mo-Fr 0730-1800, Sa 0900-1200, Su Closed) will pick up and deliver car renters to the Pax Terminal (as of Feb 14). Check on their after hour drop capability.
- Taxi/Shuttle: There will be NO taxi’s waiting outside the Oceana pax terminal. One has to call for a cab. Metered fared from NAS Oceana to Norfolk AMC terminal was $63.00. About 25-30 minutes to travel between the bases, depending on traffic. The following local taxi companies have access onto NAS Oceana (there may be others):
- Alba (757) 425-2522, Andy’s (757) 461-8880, Black & White (757) 855-3334
- Local Bus:
- Local Rail:
- Duty Driver: DSN 433-2366 Commercial (757) 433-2366 (May be available for Space-A Travelers).
- If flying into Norfolk Airport check with the info booth by the rental cars desks as there may be a shuttle bus heading to one of the local Navy installations.
- If a long line of duty passengers is present when you arrive for Space A, proceed to the end of the counter for Space A signup.
- How do I travel between NAS Oceana and NAS Norfolk? (Current as of Aug 07)
- It’s possible to take bus public transportation from Gen. Booth Blvd (about 1 KM southeast of the NAS Oceana gate) to the Naval Station Norfolk NEX. That’s as close to the terminal as the bus goes. From the NEX, you’d need to take a taxi the rest of the way over to the passenger terminal or try to get their duty driver to pick you up.
- The trip by bus from Oceana takes approximately 3 hours and requires 2 transfers: Catch the Northbound Route 33 Bus at any stop along Gen Booth Blvd. The first bus will be along at 07:17 and the last one around 19:17 Mon thru Sat. Exit the #33 about 10 minutes later at Pacific Ave. & 19th Street. Transfer to the Route 20 bus. Take the #20 to Military Circle Mall, then transfer to the Route 15 Bus NEX Naval Base Bus.
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org
IATA (With URL):