Passenger Service Desk:
634-xxxx (Lodging DSN 632)
- Base Lodging: NOTE: The Shogun Inn is the ONLY one located ON Kadena. The rest will require you to leave the base and could be a problem if you do not have a Japanese immigration stamp to exit the base.
- Billeting (Shogun Inn): 81-611-732-1010 or 1050 or Skype 81-98-962-1010 (Lodging DSN is 632) or *Navy Gateway Inn (877) 628-9233 (NAVYBED) - cheapest, closest, walking distance from the Passenger Terminal. Local Shogun Inn Web Page. Note: The Naha Airport Shuttle listed on Shogun's web page may have stopped service in June 2011 - verify prior to travel.
- MCCS Okinawa Lodging and Billeting website - contains links to all the various inns and lodging available
- Habu Hilton: 634-0677/1173, 0.8km from Passenger Terminal; approx $30/night (2010 prices)
- Off-Base Lodging:
- Crown Hotel: immediately outside Kadena Gate 2 off to the right (not 5-star but good).
- See the "Local Expert Advice" section for additional information on lodging on and off base.
26° 20' 23.442" N, 127° 47' 14.2044" E
- Long-Term Parking (greater than 30 days) is available approx 400 meters from the terminal. Parking for 30-days or less is available just outside the terminal up on the little hill. Be sure to ask for vehicle passes upon check-in to place on your dashboard.
- Vehicles parked beyond 24 hours without a vehicle pass may be ticketed and/or towed at owner’s expense.
- Contact the Pax Reps for details upon arrival to verify locations and durations allowed.
26° 20' 51.4464" N, 127° 46' 7.7052" E
098-962-6487 (from Japanese Cell Phone)Online Flight Sc
- Shedules: See the Terminal Page
- Terminal Hours: 0600-2200 7 days a week. Terminal will open approximately 30 minutes prior to any Space “A” call.
- Terminal Dining: Cafeteria on the 2nd floor serves breakfast and lunch – open only till 1500. (as of Jun 2011)
- Lockers: None
- Showers: 2nd Floor
- Internet/WiFi: 3 computers on 2nd floor with internet - and a fax machine, no printer (as of Jun 2011). Wi-Fi available (as of Apr 12).
- USO: YES - well-stocked with snacks, coffee and soft drinks, books and magazines and military periodicals abounds. Open depending on traffic (big flights arrivals and departures)
- ATM: Yes
- Base Dining Facility: Located approximately 1 mile from terminal (currently unknown if retirees can dine there)
26° 21' 29.9016" N, 127° 47' 1.1148" E
- Located on Okinawa
26° 20' 18.2652" N, 127° 47' 40.0632" E
26° 20' 34.5372" N, 127° 46' 8.8032" E
Navy Habu Hilton Lodging
26° 21' 47.6856" N, 127° 45' 22.2372" E
Immigration (Passport Stamp)
Billet Phone Number:
Add Extra Info:
- Patriot Express (to/from Seatac) with most flights to Atsugi NAF, Iwakuni MCAS, Yokota AFB and an occasional Guam, Hickam and Elmendorf and some CONUS. Flights to the Philippines are common but hard to get, typically zero seats
- On-Base Shuttle: None
- Rental Car (On Base): Exchange Bldg. 219 1-512-672-7445, 050-5865-3060 Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rental Car (Off Base): Widely available (no phone numbers available)
- Taxi/Shuttle: No shuttle bus, taxis available by calling. Numbers are posted by the public phones in the terminal. Cost to anywhere in the base is $8.00 (As of June 2011). The Naha Airport Shuttle listed on Shogun's web page may have stopped service in June 2011 - verify prior to travel.
- Local Bus: Widely available but working knowledge of Japanese a must!
- Local Rail: No rail available on Okinawa, but there is limited monorail service within the city limits of Naha.
- Dialing Instructions for Kadena AB Phone numbers
- Dialing from Cell Phone: Dial 098-938-1111 for the operator and you'll hear a dial tone for 3 - 6 seconds before being connected to an operator. When you hear the dial tone you can dial DSN 634-5806.
- GPS Coordinates for other Kadena Locations:
- Kadena 18th Medical Group Clinic: N 26 20.749 E127 47.082
- Kadena Base Exchange/Commissary: N 26 20.489 E127 46.836
- United States Navy Hospital: N 26 18.957 E127 45.819
- Miscellaneous Lodging and Transportation - Some good info available from the U. S. NAVAL HOSPITAL OKINAWA Website. Also includes phone dialing instructions.
- How do I process through Japanese Immigration at Kadena?
- All non-SOFA passengers arriving in Japan MUST process through Government of Japan Immigration and Customs (GPS: N 26 21.786 E127 45.354) regardless of how short your stay may be in JapanUNLESS you are a through-load passenger on a flight and re-boarding is imminent. If you are selected for a flight from Kadena to another location in Japan and are terminating in Japan, you do not have to go to immigration.
- If you are selected for a flight going outside of Japan, you must process through Japanese immigration. The immigration office is located outside Kadena Gate 4 (closed) which is the Navy side so you have to go out of gate 1 and drive along side Highway 58. For purposes of getting stamped in and out of the country, the office is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Upon arrival in Japan, Security Forces will drive you to Customs and Immigration but upon departure, you must find your own way to the Immigration Office. You'll need your boarding pass, passport and departure slip to get stamped out of the country. Since it's takes at least 30 to 40 minutes (to get there, get processed and return to the terminal) you may want to consider hiring an on-base taxi to take you back and forth to the Immigration office. Taxi cost is 3000 yen or $40.00 (round trip) (As of June 2011)
- Again, the above-mentioned procedures apply to non-SOFA passengers (which means most Space-A pax not stationed in Japan).
How you can provide updates to this page!
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com
Terminal Web Page:
IATA (With URL):