Passenger Service Desk:
United States47° 9' 1.2528" N, 122° 29' 6.288" W
- South of Seattle, WA.
47° 8' 16.3572" N, 122° 30' 3.6108" W
- Online Flight Schedules: See the Terminal Page
- Terminal Web Page
- Terminal Hours: See AMCGRAM (also open 30 min before/after a scheduled flight)
- Terminal Dining: Vending Machines
- Lockers: None
- USO: Yes - http://www.usonw.org/mcchord.php
- Base Dining Facility: Retirees are authorized to eat at the McChord dining facility during all meal periods. They will be charged the same 33 percent surcharge (per meal) that active duty members receiving BAH must pay. Family members and guests may accompany a retiree at the dining facility on federal holidays only. For more information, call 253-982-2527. (as of Jun 10)
47° 9' 1.476" N, 122° 29' 6.1044" W
- Long-Term Parking is available approx 0.1 miles from the terminal. Contact the Pax Reps for details upon arrival.
47° 9' 2.574" N, 122° 29' 10.4244" W
- Billeting: Evergreen Inn (IHG Army Hotel) (253) 982-5613 Approx 1 mile from Pax Terminal (25-30 min walk). Billeting also provides a shuttle during day and as staff is available off hours.
- Off-Base Lodging: See AMCGRAM
47° 8' 33.7452" N, 122° 29' 38.0796" W
Ranier Inn (on the Ft Lewis side approx 10 miles from the McChord Passenger Terminal)
47° 5' 26.7936" N, 122° 36' 2.4156" W
Fort Lewis Billeting
Add Extra Info:
- How do I travel between McChord AFB and Tacoma-Greyhound/Amtrak Stations or SeaTac Airport? (Current as of July 2015)
- Use the local bus system (Cheap)
- Catch Pierce Transit Bus Route # 300 bus on the base Mon-Sat .The closest bus stop is located at GPS Coordinates 47° 8.089 N, 122° 29.844 W which is 1.9 miles from the pax terminal. The bus no longer stops at the Pax terminal due to low ridership. Ask for a transfer when paying the $1.50 fare ($0.75 Senior or less than 18 yo). Have exact fare, change not given. The # 300 will take you to the SR512 Park-N-Ride where you will transfer to Sound Transit Bus Route # 574. Use the transfer when boarding #574 for the trip to Amtrak and Greyhound. Exit bus at the Tacoma Dome station. If going to Seatac, use transfer and an additional $1.00 when boarding # 574. The bus will stop at the south end of SeaTac Terminal on the Arrival Level. Exit the bus here.
- An alternative (and possibly better option) is exit the back gate if the gate is open. Walk away from the terminal to the "main road" which leads to lodging. Turn RIGHT instead of left for Lodging and you will be at the back gate in a short distance. This short-cut is a big help if you need to get from McChord Pax Terminal to SEATAC.
- Use the Airporter (not as Cheap)
- Kitsap Airporter to/from Fort Lewis / McChord (Reservations required for transportation to SeaTac) (360) 876-1737
- As of Summer 2019, pickup locations on McChord are no longer at the Pax Terminal or the Evergreen Lodge. Check their web page or call them for current pickup locations.
- Adult fare from McChord: $14.50 plus current fuel surcharge
- Child fare from McChord (ages 2-11): $7.00 (under 2, free)
- How do I get travel between McChord AFB and Seattle Amtrak Station? (Current as July 2015)
- Catch Pierce Transit # 300 bus on the base Mon-Sat. The closest bus stop is located at GPS Coordinates 47° 8.089 N, 122° 29.844 W which is 1.9 miles from the Pax terminal. The bus no longer stops at the Pax terminal due to low ridership. Ask for a transfer when paying the $1.50 fare ($0.75 if less than 18 yo). Have exact fare, change not given. The # 300 will take you to the SR512 Park-N-Ride where you will transfer to Sound Transit Bus # 594 . Use the transfer and $1.50 ($1.00 Senior or less than 18 yo) when boarding # 594 for the trip to Seattle. Exit bus at 4th & Jackson and walk less than 0.1 mi. to Amtrak Station.
- How do I travel to/from NAS Whidbey Island using commercial bus transportation?
- See the "How do I?" section on the NAS Whibey Island Page
- CONUS, AK and Pacific.
- Germany: 1-2 per month (as of Jul 15)
- Hawaii: 1-2 per month (as of Jul 15)
- Most common east coast destinations: Dover AFB, DE; McGuire AFB, NJ; and Andrews AFB, MD (as of May 15)
- The "Reserve Shuttle" that used to operate on drill weekends to/from Salt Lake City was terminated in December 2014.
- On-Base Shuttle: None
- Rental Car (In Terminal): None. Budget/Avis and Enterprise have a key drop box in terminal (as of Mar 12)
- Rental Car (Off Base): (as of Jul 15)
- Hertz: 12120 Pacific Hwy SW, Lakewood (253) 584-6560 (Monday-Friday only). Hertz will pick you up at the McChord Visitor Center or will credit your rental up to $10 for a taxi ride (for pick up, not upon return). Taxi fare from base lodging is approx $10 .
- Budget/Avis: 5124 74th Street West (253) 471-3907. See link for Hours. May be able to pickup/dropoff at terminal or lodging with 24-hour advance notice. Also, can drop car at terminal after hours for $20 drop fee if arranged in advance. USAA discount code Y126501, 10-20% depending on car.
- Enterprise: Ft Lewis PX, (253) 964-1645. USAA 5% avail, no code req'd, reserve thru USAA website or by phone. NOTE: This location may only service Ft Lewis area.
- Enterprise: 9816 S Tacoma Way (253) 582-8240. See link for Hours. Will pick up at terminal or lodging. USAA 5% avail, no code req'd, reserve thru USAA website or by phone. Key drop in Terminal (possibly a $50 fee so verify prior). NOTE: Use this location for one-way rentals to/from Passenger Terminal and notify them if dropping at terminal.
- Taxi/Shuttle: See AMCGRAM for Taxis and below for local Shuttle Info. Ft Lewis Taxi has been recommended by some (253) 582-3000 and I can also receommend it.
- Local Bus: Greyhound Station in Tacoma
- Local Rail: Amtrak station in Tacoma (approx $30 taxi fare (as of Jul 15)
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com
Terminal Web Page:
IATA (With URL):