Passenger Service Desk:
Italy46° 1' 57.09" N, 12° 35' 35.1384" E
- NOTE: Please consider the following before signing up for Space-A at Aviano AB. Aviano AB's flight schedule is very limited, infrequent and they don't have direct missions to areas outside of the Schengen region. Most missions are to Ramstein AB, Germany.
- Online Flight Schedules: See Terminal Page
- AMCGRAM (Area F Map)
- Terminal Hours: See AMCGRAM
- Terminal Dining:
- Lockers: None
- Internet/WiFi: Yes
- USO: None
- ATM: None
- Base Dining Facility:
46° 1' 57.5868" N, 12° 35' 32.586" E
- Long-Term Parking (30 days) is available in front of the terminal and parking (over 30 days) is a 10 minute walk away. A form needs to be signed in the terminal if you desire long-term parking. Contact the Pax Reps for details upon arrival.
46° 1' 57.036" N, 12° 35' 30.0696" E
- Located approx 40 miles east of Venice.
- Address for GPS Units: Via Pioneri dell'Aria 104, Roveredo in Piano, Italy
- Maps: "Area 1" Map, "Area 2" Map, "Area F" Map (see AMCGRAM)
46° 1' 32.8404" N, 12° 36' 43.4736" E
46° 2' 44.5668" N, 12° 36' 25.3476" E
46° 1' 58.7532" N, 12° 36' 43.6932" E
Billet Phone Number:
Add Extra Info:
- Europe via large/small aircraft. BWI Flight via Ramstein typically every Tuesday (as of Nov 15).
- On-Base Shuttle: On Base Shuttle Schedule - connects Pax Terminal to Lodging/BX Area. A shuttle bus meets the arriving PatEx flights and takes passengers over to the Mountain View Lodge/BX area. When the PatEx returns to BWI via Ramstein (typically Thursday mornings), the shuttle arrives at the Lodge promptly at 0630 and departs for the AMC Terminal around 0645 to arrive in time for the (typically) 0730 roll call. Contact the base lodging office to verify and for more details (as of Sep 15).
- Rental Car (In Terminal): Europcar (may require IDP) at BX Mall (across from Lodging) DSN 632-8719, CIV 0434-652607 or IT.SM.AVIANO@europcar.com
- Rental Car (Off Base):
- Taxi/Shuttle: See AMCGRAM for info. or call 0444-92-0600 or +39-3316887293 (Recommended by other Space-A Travelers). Off-base taxis are not permitted on base; need to have a taxi meet you at one of the Aviano entrance/exit gates. Ask the personnel at the main gate (about a 10-15-minute walk from the BX/lodge) to call for a taxi, which can pick you up or drop you off at the South Gate. (The South Gate is about a 10-minute walk from the Mountain View Lodge.) Taxi fare to/from Pordenone Train Station apprx 20-25 Euro (As of May 2016).
- Local Bus: Local bus service (ATAP) to the nearby towns of Aviano and Pordenone is problematic since you must buy tickets ahead of time, and there is no place on base to buy them. There is a bus that goes right by the base, to the bus terminal at the Pordenone train station. Tickets can be purchased at the Agip gas station, north of the round about at the corner of the base (approx 3 mile walk roundtrip). The ATAP bus company ticket from Aviano Aeroporto to Pordenone is 2.15E, available at Agip, or less convenient local tobacco stores. (For schedules and fares see http://www.atap.pn.it/en/index.aspx)
- ATAP Route 13R - Aviano to Pordenone
- ATVO Route Map
- ATVO Route 68 - Bus Service to/from Venice's Marco Polo Airport
- Local Rail: Train schedules
- Aviano implemented new base access restrictions in 2019 so make sure you have the proper access paperwork. See the information on the Aviano Visitor Page.
- A Medevac Shuttle departs Vicenza for Landstuhl (near Ramstein), Germany every Monday and Thursday at 0700. See the details on the Vicenza SpaceA.net Page.
- Use the ATM in the Terminal as it does not charge an ATM Fee like the Service Credit Union ATMS.
- If not arriving on the weekly Patriot Express then be prepared for a long walk to Lodging
- How to I travel to/from Aviano Air Base? (Current as of Sep 15)
- Aviano Air base is somewhat remote, and is actually split into 3 separate locations. Fortunately, most of the services a space-a traveler will want are at the flightline location: the air terminal, the Mountain View Lodge, EuropCar rental agency, the exchange / commissary and the food court.
- There is a train service from Sacile or Pordenoone; check the Trenitalia (Italian Train) web site for current schedule and fares. These stations are on the Udine Line, that originates at Venezia Santa Lucia station. Unless someone is arriving in Venice, or doing a day trip to Venice, the more convenient place to catch this train will be at Venezia Mestre station. Whether you are going to Sacile or Pordenone, take the Udine Line.
- If you take the bus from Pordenone to the Aviano Piazza, you can get to the gate for Area 2 (a base shuttle stop is immediately inside and goes between terminal, lodging and BX)
- The easiest way to buy bus tickets (Route #68) from Pordenone to Aviano is at the K2 internet store right in Piazza Risorgimento and then crossing the street to wait for a bus. As you enter Piazza Risorgimento, with the train station at your back, there may also be a bus ticket office on the left side of the piazza.
- On arrival in Pordenone, walk out to the front of the station, at the taxi stand, where there is a metal sign with a map of the town. Look for Piazza Risorgimento, which is not too far from the station (perhaps a 10 minute, or less, walk). This piazza is the terminal for the blue bus. Purchase a ticket for Aviano in the office, and look for the bus stop in the piazza. Be sure to validate your ticket on the bus, and tell the driver that you want "Aviano piazza." Be sure to time your trip to arrive well before 1700.
- How do I travel to/from Aviano AB and Camp Ederle, Vicenza?
- Option 1: You can check with Europcar on one-way car rental - two hours later and some Autasrada tolls will get you between the two.
- Option 2: Take the train to Vicenza Mestre Station, train to Vicenza and taxi or public bus to Camp Ederle.
- The public bus route to Camp Ederle is Line 1. There are four ways to purchase bus tickets:
- from the newsstand (most convenient is in the train station but it isn't open during all the hours that the bus runs)
- from the bus driver
- from the Camp Ederle Inn reception desk
- from the yellow machine next to the bus stop outside the train station. Costs (as of 2010) per ticket are approximately as follows: newsstand 1,20 euros, bus driver 2 euros, and Camp Ederle $2.50.
- Tickets aren't valid until stamped on the bus so no concern about buying ahead of time. Once stamped they are good for 1 hour.
- Buses run from approximately 05:00 until 21:00 with service every 10 minutes between 7 and 18:00 Monday through Saturday. During other hours and Sunday buses run every 20 - 30 minutes. Buses seem to be very crowded during the AM and PM Monday through Saturday when school students use them. Depending upon the quantity of your luggage and the time of day you are traveling you may want to use a taxi.
- The ride to Caserma Ederle (Camp Ederle) takes about 15 minutes. Watch out the left side of the bus for a beige fence topped with razor wire. Next you will see a sign for Caserma Ederle and then the pedestrian gate (Gate 2). The bus stop is probably about 100 meters beyond the gate. The Ederle Inn is about an easy 15 minute walk from the bus stop. Don't depend on the bus driver pointing out the stop, at least ours didn't despite his understanding that was where we wanted to go.
- Taxis are not allowed on the post but you can get a taxi at one gate called three things: Chapel Gate, Pedestrian Gate, Gate 2
- Option 3: Use the Bus Service between Aviano and Venice's Marco Polo Airport (as above). An Army contracted bus service runs between Camp Ederle and Marco Polo airport (as of 2010). Departures from Ederle Inn are at 0405, 0705, 1005, 1305, 1605 1905 weekdays and return from the airport at 0530, 0920, 1220, 1520, 1820, 2120 weekdays. Saturday, Sunday and holidays there are runs only at the earliest four weekday times, i.e., first at 0405, last at 1305. The journey takes a little over an hour.
Please help keep this information current for your fellow travelers and send any updates or corrections to email@example.com
Terminal Web Page:
IATA (With URL):