Can Reservist or Guard members travel Space-A?

Reserve members on the Active Status List (may train for points and/or pay and may be considered for promotion) with their CAC (Reserve) identification and DD Form 1853 may fly Space-A to, from, and between Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the CONUS as CAT-VI.  They cannot use Space-A to/from other overseas locations.

Dependents of authorised Reserve and dependents of Reserve members entitled to retired pay at age 60 (i.e., “gray area retirees) may accompany their sponsor when traveling in the CONUS or directly between the CONUS and Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa (Guam and American Samoa travelers may transit Hawaii or Alaska); or traveling within Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Reservists placed on active duty for more than 30 days may take ordinary leave and they (and their accompanied dependents) can use Space-A anywhere (CONUS, OCONUS, Overseas) that Space-A is allowed.

Members of Reserve Components may travel "Space-Required" to attend IDT assemblies within CONUS, between CONUS and OCONUS or within OCONUS.  An official Travel Authorization (TA) must be presented to AMC Passenger Service Agents to be considered during the Space-R travel selection process. Approved written authorization may include a memorandum letter or appropriate service form, directing a member to perform IDT and must indicate the dates and locations of training and be signed by an approving authority other than the member. All travelers must have a valid ID card and all other required travel documents (e.g., passport).