I'm a "command sponsored dependent" living OCONUS/OVERSEAS (e.g.Europe, Pacific, Hawaii, Alaska). Can I travel unaccompanied without my sponsor?

Yes!! Travel restrictions may apply to certain overseas destinations as determined by the appropriate unified commander. Travel is authorized Overseas-CONUS, CONUS-Overseas, and Overseas-Overseas. NOTE: Travel within CONUS (e.g. hop from Virginia to California) is not allowed unless you're already manifested through on the same mission/aircraft from/to an overseas location. Documentation signed by the sponsor's commander verifying command sponsorship (i.e. a Command Sponsor Letter) shall be presented to air terminal personnel, and shall be in the dependents' possession during travel. The letter is valid for one Cat-V round-trip from sponsor's OCONUS PCS duty location. Space-A travel must be completed within ninety (90) days from the date the letter is issued or a new letter is required. NOTE: Prior to August 2012, overseas-overseas travel was restricted to within the dependent's assigned Theater but the updated regulation no longer has that restriction. Here is a sample Command Sponsor Letter.