Can a Government Civilian use Space-A?

U.S. citizen civilian employees of the Armed Forces (and their accompanied dependents) stationed overseas who are eligible for Government-funded transportation to the United States at tour completion (including NAF employees) are authorized to travel Space-A using EML (CAT-II) with their dependents. In addition, civilians are eligible for Space-A under Emergency conditions (sample Letter available at In both cases (EML and Emergency) CONUS-to-CONUS travel is not authorized. Dependents using EML unaccompanied by their sponsor would travel CAT-IV. Also, DoDDS Teachers stationed overseas are eligible for Space-A when on EML.  More info on EML is available here.